5 Ways to Start Your Day
Getting a great start in the morning is necessary to live a happy life. Every single day of our lives is precious as life is very short, and this short period of time should not be wasted being unhappy and unproductive. In fact, it is quite easy to set a positive and productive tone if you follow these key things first thing in the morning:
- Avoid hitting the snooze button of your alarm: Waking up late leads to morning stress, and stress is something that will only keep you away from being productive. So, the next time you hear that alarm, try to get your feet on the floor. If possible, put your alarm clock at the corner of your room before getting into bed. That way, you’ll have to get up in order to turn it off.
- Get a diary and write something down: If you’ve had any good ideas or dreams during your sleep session, write them down as soon as you wake up. People often come up with very good ideas while they’re asleep, and writing them down will surely make you feel good.
- Forget what happened yesterday: Thinking about all the bad things that happened to you makes you feel terrible. You know that you can’t change your past, so just let it go. Instead, think of something you’re grateful for, or maybe excited about. Positivity is all you need when you wake up.
- Leave your phone alone: Do yourself a favor, and don’t check your phone while on bed. Get your blood flowing with a little light stretch, get up and make your bed. After that, use your phone if you have to.
- Drink water: Drink a glass of water because it never hurts to be hydrated so get a jump start on your daily water intake first thing.
It’s time to get some natural light. Throw open those curtains right away. Getting a little sun makes your brain realize it’s time to function.