DIY Face Masks!
DIY means Do It Yourself!
Have you ever think of having smooth, bright skin without going to parlor?
Yes, you can have a nice glowing skin with the stuff that you have in your home. These natural ingredients will refresh your skin. So here is 3 DIY face mask for you that will give you nice and bright skin.
Lemon Face Scrub:
- White Sugar/ Brown Sugar
Now the fun part is you can use this face mask in two ways!
Cut a lemon in half. Take one of the half parts and coat it with honey. Take some white sugar on a plate. Then dip the coated part of the lemon in the sugar. Now scrub your face with the lemon coated with honey and sugar. And then wash it.
Take a small bowl. Now take 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tbsp of honey and 4 to 5 drops of lemon juice. Mix these ingredients together until you get a nice smooth textured paste. And apply the paste on your face with your hand and rub it. Leave it for 10 minutes then wash it.
- Lemons are antibacterial which helps treat acne. It contains vitamin C and citric acid which can help brighten and lighten your skin.
- Honey is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow. It is full of antioxidants which it is great for slowing down aging. One more good thing is it clarifies your skin by opening up pores and making them easy to unclog.
- Brown sugar is great because it exfoliates and helps gently scrub all your dead skin cells away. You can use white sugar if you don’t have brown sugar but brown sugar is the better option.
Refreshing cucumber mask:
- Plain Yogurt
- Lemon/ Tea Tree Oil
Start with the chopping of your cucumber or you can blend it. Don’t peel the skin of cucumber. Then in a small bowl add 2 tbsp of yogurt, chopped cucumber, and couple drops of lemon juice or tea tree oil. Mix them well and apply all over your face and neck with a brush. You don’t need to scrub the mask because there’s nothing exfoliating in this but it will soothe and calm your skin. Now leave it on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off.
- Cucumber soothes your skin and fights with puffiness because the flesh of the cucumber is mostly water, but also contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid, both of which help soothe skin irritations and reduce puffiness. It also hydrates and heals your skin.
- For yogurt, you have to make sure it’s not sweet yogurt or flavored yogurt. Plain yogurt has vitamin B2 and B12 which help heal rough skin. It has lactic acid that really hydrates your skin. It also fights wrinkles and clears acne.
Egg and Honey Brightening Mask:
- Egg White
Take an egg and separate the egg white and yolk. Add 2 tbsp of honey to egg white and whip it well. Then apply on your skin with a brush. Wait for 20 minutes and let it dry. When it will dry it will become sticky. Lastly, wash it off.
Egg whites have astringent properties and proteins that help shrink pores. egg whites tighten and lift skin, it helps to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. It also clear oils of your face.
So these are some DIY face masks that will really help you to have fresh and glowing skin without going to the parlor.
Contributor: Tamrin Afroz Zilani
North South University