How to Get Rid of Wisdom Teeth Pain: Best Home Remedies
A person who hasn’t gotten their wisdom teeth in will never know how painful it can actually be. These teeth begin to grow between the age of 17-25 and can be the cause of some serious mouth pain. We, the human beings, have evolved so much that we do not need wisdom teeth anymore. Human beings can now cook their food, and even use forks and knives for eating regular meals. Wisdom teeth have become pretty much useless with time, and the only thing they can do now is making our mouth painful. It is mainly because of our jaws becoming smaller through time.
When wisdom teeth start coming out, a lot of the times they end up becoming impacted by the other teeth that surround them. Sometimes, they erupt partially which leaves the area open to infection, or bacterial growth. The best thing to do is to get the wisdom teeth removed as soon as possible, but some of you will not be able to do that now, and you’ll probably end up in a lot of pain. So, if you’re having a bad day because of your wisdom teeth and you’re badly in need of some quick relief, try any of the home remedies listed below:
- Warm Salt Water: This is one of the most effective ways to get rid of wisdom teeth pain. Dissolve one and a half teaspoons of salt in a 250-300 ml glass of warm water, and rinse your mouth with it for about 3-6minutes.
- Onion: Onions may not taste or smell good, but they’ll definitely get you some relief. The simplest way is to cut an onion in half, and place it inside the mouth, above the wisdom tooth. Leave it there for as long as you can (preferably 10minutes).
- Chilled Potato: Take a potato and put it in the freezer for about ten minutes or until well-chilled. After the potato gets well-chilled, cut a thin slice of it and put it on the wisdom tooth. The chilled potato will soothe the pain as it will numb the nerves.
- Garlic: Garlic is an extremely effective remedy for toothaches. The method is simple. Crush up one clove of garlic and add a bit of sea salt to it. Place this directly on top of your painful tooth. Not only will it help with the pain, but will draw out any viral infections while giving your immune system a boost at the same time.
- Ginger Root: For almost immediate relief, simply cutting off a thin slice of ginger, removing the skin, and placing it on the affected tooth will help. Or, you can bite down on it gently and continue to do so for about ten minutes. This method has been shown to work very quickly and can be done as often as needed. This is an all-natural method that works well and works every time.
There’s no point of suffering from this pain when you can take it all away naturally, so try any of the recipes above as soon as possible.