How to Lose Weight Fast: Diet Secrets
The holy month of Ramadan is over, and many of you have finally realized that it’s time to let go of the weight you’ve gained in this short period of time. Here are some diet secrets which will help you to lose weight in no time:
1. Drinking plenty of water: There are times when we think we’re hungry but actually it’s just our body begging for water. It is really important to drink enough water throughout the day in order to stay hydrated. Drinking water keeps your metabolism running optimally, and also keeps fat toxins moving out of the body. The overall fluid intake per day, including anything you eat or drink containing water in it, like fruits or vegetables are as follows:
For adults (19+): 3.7 liters for men, and 2.7 liters for women.
Of this total, men should drink around 13 cups from beverages. For women, it’s 9 cups.
2. Increasing protein intake: Increasing protein intake is a great way for losing weight fast as well as burning fat. It is recommended to consume your body weight in grams of protein a day (at the very least). For example, if you weigh 75 kilograms, you should be getting at least 75 grams of protein a day.
3. Drinking green tea: Drinking herbal teas can amp up your metabolism. According to a study, green tea is more effective than other teas at promoting weight loss because of it’s high levels of catechins. So if you want to lose weight fast, it is recommended to drink 1-3 cups of green tea daily.
4. Getting your fill of fiber: Foods high in fiber helps you feel fuller longer and help reduce sugar cravings. On the other hand, fiber has been proven to balance blood sugar, lower cholesterol, and more. An average person should be getting 30-40 grams of fiber every day.
5. Slowing down: It is very easy to overeat when you eat fast. It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to realize that it’s full. While chewing, your brain is processing that you are eating, and chewing releases enzymes for pre-digestion in your saliva to start the digestion process. So, it is recommended to chew slowly and enjoy the flavor of your food.
6. Letting go of the grains: Consuming grains is one of the fastest ways to pack on the pounds. They contain large amounts of carbohydrates, which break down into sugar and will be stored as fat in the body. So, keep your grain consumption down to one serving or less daily.
7. Don’t shop on an empty stomach: Do not shop on an empty stomach, cause halfway through your shopping trip, your stomach starts growling and all of a sudden those food courts start to look a lot more appealing than normal. The best solution is to fill up before you go.
8. Downsizing your plate: Trick your brain into eating less by serving your main dish on salad-sized plates instead of dinner ones. When you combine this with eating slower and more intentionally, you will enjoy your food more and eat less.
9. Not drinking your calories: When you drink something, you usually think that you’re not consuming enough (since it is a liquid, and it is easy to consume), which results in consuming more foods. Creamy, foamy drinks can have enough calories to serve as an entire meal, so it is suggested to stop consuming them.
10. Choosing healthy fats: Not all fat is created equal. The fats found in foods like avocados, nuts and dark chocolate are actually good for health, and they taste delicious. So, experts suggest choosing healthy fats.